Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Presenting the work

I had a crit at uni today where we discussed the degree show. I know that a frame may distract from the stitch and that perhaps this might not be the way forward but I was taken a little by surprise at my tutor's very strong opinion - "Do not frame this work". But also, not to worry about making further work, this will be enough for my show as long as it is well presented. Perhaps good advice but also quite daunting - 67.5 cm square drawing made just from thread, displayed with minimal interference.

So, I have emailed Amanda McCavour to ask her advice. I will also see the fine art tutor at uni and discuss with textile tutors. During the Easter holidays I will try and get to some exhibitions so that I can gather ideas about display and presentation.

Here are some images of the final piece 


The Bristol, 2014









No comments:

Post a Comment