Friday, October 25, 2013

Mini Cooper Images

A week has passed and as of yet I have not been able to find a way to obtain photographs of a mini engine to work from. I have been to a local garage owned by engine enthusiast who rebuilds old and damaged engines. His very organised workshop was full of clean as well as oily car parts and whilst I could only recognise a few shapes like spark plugs and some damaged pistons,  I couldn't help but love the shapes and very gratefully brought a few piece home ready to start drawing. 





Today I sent another email to Mini at Oxford and await hopeful that they might let me take or perhaps pass on some photos of a mini engine for me to start working from. But, until then I will dust off the sewing machine after it's summer break and get started making some drawings form these wonderful old engine parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment