Monday, February 17, 2014

Amanda McCavour

I was so excited today when I found an email from Amanda McCavour waiting in my inbox. saying how she was excited about my project and that she too loved the contrast between thread and metal and the  interesting relationship it provides.

McCavour agreed with my idea about how the  process of using water soluble fabric and thread allows for an element of chance and loss of control as the backing is removed. To this she added that white or clear threads can be stitched across the  dissolvable fabric before starting work to strengthen and reduce some of this movement, maybe something I can try next time. This was done on her large pieces like the living room and the self portraits.

McCavour suggested dissolving large pieces between plexi glass or as I had wondered, pinned onto foam board and then submerged in a bath and then left to dry in place. 

I am hoping to have the sewing finished by the end of the week if I can find enough time because it is half term, I have two tutorials at uni and my brother and his family are coming to stay. So whilst this is now reaching an exciting point, I am quite nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment