Sunday, February 16, 2014

Nearing completion

I have worked so hard this week to get the embroidered drawing near to completion.I had a quick trip to Bath to buy more thread only to find an important colour was out of stock - I felt so anxious as I  needed to work hard to keep on track with my degree work time table. We eventually found a dark grey thread at the bottom of the 'Marathon' thread rack and whilst not quite the correct shade, I was sure I could make it work. Here  is the latest image



The Bristol, Feb 16th, 2014
and here are some pictures of the work in progress






Whilst in The Sewing Studio, Bath, where I have been purchasing all threads and fabrics for this work I asked for some advice re removing the dissolvable solufleece backing fabric. I have done this before on small scale works but I am anxious about doing this with such a large piece of work. I will only get one go at this and it will not be correctable. I did email Amanda McCavour via her website but I have not had a reply. So, after discussion with Lyn (Sewing Studio) and taking on board previous project experience I think the plan is to find a large piece of foam board that will fit the thread drawing, pin the image to the board and gently use a shower to wash away just enough fabric so that it is not visible on the surface but leaves enough glue behind to hold the threads in place. Whilst I am expecting some movement in the image, I would like to minimise this as much as possible.













No comments:

Post a Comment