Thursday, February 20, 2014

The last hoop to complete

I am about to complete the final hoop of the thread drawing. I am very excited yet also very nervous as I just don't know what will really happen when the backing is removed next week.  Expectations are high as I have been predicted a very good grade in my third year formative assessment but what will happen if I am not happy after the backing is removed? But I know that the biggest concern is how this lack of control, which is the final stage of the endeavour to make a perfect piece of art, will make me feel? How it will answer my question as I seek to understand the need to be perfect.


The Bristol, the final hoop, Feb 20th


I have purchased two foam loft insulating boards as recommended by Amanada McCavour. I plan to fully pin the drawing to this board to help stabilise the work as the backing is removed and the threads become alive. I will photograph the work first and then film the removal of the backing so that the process is recorded. I am hopeful that it will be ok although, if previous pieces of work are anything to go by a period of adjustment will be required after the transformation from a piece of embroidery into a full scale thread drawing. 

Next will be the issue of framing: my tutors are very keen that I carefully consider this to ensure the drawing shows it's full potential and meaning.









No comments:

Post a Comment